See ya cauliflower pizza! Sweet potato pizza is here and she’s ready to stay.
Sweet potatoes have become a staple in my diet and I’m always trying to find new ways to cook with them. I’ve always loved pizza, but have never found a gluten-free crust that satisfies me. It’s either too bland or tastes like cardboard. true story. The best thing about this recipe is that the crust is super dense and it has amazing flavor!
Whether you abstain from gluten, or like to indulge on the five letter word, I promise you will love this pizza! I’ve made it for family and friends [and even toddlers] who rave about how tasty it is.
It’s time to grab your sweet taters and change the way you think about pizza, forever.
Screenshot the recipe!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon applecider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese (I used Daiya mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/8 cup red/yellow pepper, diced
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- handful of spinach
- Cube three large sweet potatoes (should produce roughly 6 cups), and steam the potatoes on the stove 25-30 minutes until tender enough to mash with a fork.
- Combine chia seeds and water to create chia egg (should take 8-10 minutes to thicken).
- Move potatoes to a mixing bowl and mash.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix all pizza crust ingredients into the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Stir until all ingredients are incorporated into dough.
- Place parchment paper or spray non-stick spray on to pizza pan.
- Place dough onto pan and spread dough into desired shape. (get fancy with it ;)) note: I'll spray non-stick spray onto my hands so the crust doesn't get stuck on them while spreading the dough.
- Place sweet potato crust into the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and start decorating the pizza with your desired toppings, or follow along with my faves!
- Place pizza back in oven for 12-15 minutes or until toppings reach desired look
- Take pizza back out of the oven and enjoy!